Hey there, Steve here and welcome to this week’s private eye post where we’ll be taking a look at some common but subtle signs she’s cheating with her ex.
Why do women cheat with their ex?
First, let’s take a look at some of the main reasons women cheat with their ex…
- If it’s early in your relationship, and she just broke up with him, she may feel like she made a mistake and want to start over with him.
- If they were together for a long time, she may feel he understands her better than you do.
- She might be looking for sex and knows that it’s good with him.
- Trying to get revenge on the woman who stole him from her.
- Longing for the old days — we all look on the past with rose-tinted glasses, and she might be missing those “good times”
- Her ex may have been her true love but had a major problem — such as a drug or gambling addiction — that no longer exists, and she wants to find out if there’s a chance of it working now.
- Whichever of these is her reason for “ex cheating”, it’s going to feel like a major kick in the nuts and emotions are likely to run high. So, if you do spot any of these signs, please get in touch and let us help you find out for sure — that way you can make a rational decision on how best to proceed (especially if you’re married and have dependent children — we can put you in touch with the necessary legal and financial advisors.)
Disclaimer: This information is for general educational purposes only and may not apply to all situations — everyone is unique after all. For help with an individual situation, please contact us —the first call is free, and we may just be able to put your mind at rest!
#1 Facebook Buddies
Social media is a breeding ground for cheating — and this is never more true when it comes to cheating with an ex. For starters, she’s likely to have some of the same friends as her ex, so even if she “unfriended” him a while ago, he’s likely to become a friend suggestion at some point in the future.
If she becomes (or remains) Facebook friends with him, there’s always the possibility of them having a chat at some point. Those chats can easily lead to infidelity in the future.
Signs this is happening include her being on Facebook a lot (especially if she shuts down Facebook when you’re around), her posting “sexier than usual” pictures on the social media giant, an absence of pictures of the two of you as a couple, and her being on Facebook late at night when she thinks you’re sleeping.
#2 Ex Talk
This is one of those behaviours which can be polar opposites but still result in her cheating. Either she will refuse to discuss her ex with you (for example, change the subject if you ask questions about him), or she might talk about him a lot (because he’s on her mind and either thinking about cheating with him or actually doing so.)
#3 Ex Therapy
In the same way that married men can start a fling with their ex-wife or girlfriend on the premise of going around to their house to fix something, a woman can be led into temptation when her ex breaks up with his partner and she provides him with emotional support — kind of like a therapist talking through things with him. This can manifest as text and phone chats, or even visiting with him frequently to “make sure he’s OK.” All this emotional support can quickly become something far more intimate.
#4 Children Excuse
It’s always going to be difficult for any relationship if your wife (or girlfriend) has had children with their ex. Ultimately, the ex will always be some part of their life so some compromising will have to take place on your part in this regard. The thing to watch for is her using her children as an excuse to go and visit him that differs from what’s normal without any apparent reason to do so.
Follow us on Facebook for more information on signs she’s cheating with her ex, and how to get help if you think you need to.
Until next week,